Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a 98 xc 600 for 800 bucks, runs great just needs carbs cleaned.. is it fairly simple to do i havent worked on a sled in awhile. would it be better to just bring it to a shop? ill do it if i can get some direction on how to do it thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
everyone says " needs carb cleaned" but most of the time its not the case. i avoid those now, ive been screwed over by those three words too many times. check compression first of all. and if it actually does need the carbs cleaned its an easy job to do. take the jets out and let them soak and then clean them with a pick or used compressed air to get the stuff out...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it off of one of my buddies so I'm hoping he aint screwin me over. Wat do I use to check the compression? And I'm gonna get it to my freinds house tomorrow and we are gonna clean the carbs. It seems to me like it runs great he just said he hadn't cleaned the carbs this year so I figured I better clean them

·
Registered
741 Posts
a compression tester. i got mine from harbor fright for like 10 bucks plus shipping. and make sure to drain that gas if its been sittin! this new gas sucks...starting to think thats why mine locked up. sounds like you got a good deal IMO if everything checks out good. compression should be above 115 by the way. mine was 120 120 even with 6 k on er

1 - 4 of 4 Posts