Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

My 97 Ultra triple (Fugi) smoked the motor. I have a 98 Liberty 700 XC on hand and I would like to put that motor in the Ultra chassie. Anyone have some pointers for me before I start? If its even possible or if anyone has tried it. I have the motor, primary, exhaust, carbs, wire harness, mounting plate, air box and CDI from the 700. I also have the mounting plate from the triple. The rest of the Fugi motor is in pieces and I mean literally small, small, little pieces.

Jeb

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
IMO it could be done but I'm not sure if it would be worth the hassle, motor mounts will most likely need to be moved to get the twin mounting plate properly in place to establishing proper clutch center to center and off set depending on whether a 12.5 or 12 inch belt will be used, the steering rod from the column to the pitman arm will most likely have to be reconfigured also to clear the underside of the twin mounting plate,also getting the twin airbox to fit right will be a problem, and I'm sure there will be many more things that will need to be engineered to make it all work right, so again it sounds like a big hassle to me, I'd either find a good twin chassis for that XC motor to go in or just get another 680 triple motor to put back in the ultra and save a lot of time and headache, it just sounds like too much work for my liking.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
the complete bulk head is different, I have a 96 ultra and a 98 xc 700. I checked under the hoods and they are completely different, and the jackshafts are different lengths. hoods are also different to clear the pipes on the right hand vent, which could just be cut out. but you are looking at alot of work. you would be better off finding an xc chassis to put your motor in. probably cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have a 97 ultra cdi I'd part with cheap....PM me if interesed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking it would be a bit of fabricating especially the mounts? I was hoping to use the parts I have especially with the Ultra having less than 2000 miles on it and I have the 700 twin on hand. The hoods for both sleds looked the same. I know the 99 700's switch to the gen II set up and would be diffrent, unfortunetly the tunnel for the 700 was sold off already so have no pattern to look at to see any diffrences. Things that make you go Hummmmm?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
where are you located???? I have a 98 Xc 700 chassis here in Mid Mich.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts