Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any ideas what is wrong with my xc. When i'm running up a lake around 80-90mph at 7000 rpm, it will run well for a bit and then all of a sudden the rpms and speed will start to decrease, even when you give it more throttle, it will still decelerate. Once you have slowed right down to a crawl you can accelerate again, but it will do the same thing when it reaches 80-90mph. I have cleaned out the carbs and checked the plugs. That didn't solve the problem. My next step is going to be to replace the fuel filter. Other than that we are at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks
P

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Pilaris said:
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any ideas what is wrong with my xc. When i'm running up a lake around 80-90mph at 7000 rpm, it will run well for a bit and then all of a sudden the rpms and speed will start to decrease, even when you give it more throttle, it will still decelerate. Once you have slowed right down to a crawl you can accelerate again, but it will do the same thing when it reaches 80-90mph. I have cleaned out the carbs and checked the plugs. That didn't solve the problem. My next step is going to be to replace the fuel filter. Other than that we are at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks
P
lack of fuel at top end starving possibly fuel filter or fuel lines collasping good luck

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Check the fuel pump too, I had a similar problem a few years ago, from down low to mid range cruising it was fine, but when you wanted to pour the coal on it just wanted to fall on it face.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys, changed the fuel pump, that wasn't it. Moved onto the fuel pump. When I took it apart I found that one of the diaphrams was all mangled. Bought a rebuild kit for $12 and she seems to be running well now. Thanks for all your suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts