Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have a ? many of you will prob laugh at ha. ok i never got really in to sleds as far as working on them but i ride them. i raced motox for many years and have mechanical knowledge. well my 98 xc 700 sks ... longer track has just been crap in suspension. not like i jump it huge or anything but even trail rides. every bump i hit i feel it. i replaced the rear track shock last year it helped a little but if i get off it and then get back on the suspenison drops about an inch of travel, then if i jump on it it only drops another inch before it stops. i need more travel! i have tried playing with the straps with no luck. i believe last year or the year before i had the 2 springs on the tunnels replaced. but there is still no travel. i dont understand the whole rubber block thing. what would be a prime suspension setting for mostly hard pack snow with jumps and bumps. i mostly do trail/lake riding i would think i ride and agressive trail pace if that makes sense. the whole sled is stock. any ideas guys? i dont want to get to deep in the pocket book replacing parts but if i gotta replace some then i guess i have to huh? thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
you'll just have to spend some time playing with different settings to get it right for YOU. Remember you're riding a nearly 10 yr old sled too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i realize that but it just seems something is wrong where i only get about 2-3 inches of travel max... and i have no idea how to adjust sled suspension ha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts