Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possibile to put 700 twin jugs on a 1998 xcr 700 and what other mods would i need for it to happen

i would like to make 200hp if possible

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know crankshop makes a big bore kit and its 200hp but its like 5 grand what about xcr 800 jugs ves and i know i need new pipes cause of ves how much hp can i get an xcr800 too for like $3500

·
Registered
506 Posts
I thought you were kidding. XCR 800 jugs and HTG 180 kit would be the way to go but you don't have valves so you will need all of those parts as well.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
You won't ever be able to push 200 ponies out of a 98 XCR 700. Plus, 200HP is too much for trail riding. the only thing it would be useful for is racing, in which case it would be much cheaper to buy a race-modded motor than to build one. If money is an issue, then building up a motor shouldn't be your priority.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it is for drag and im trying to beat a moutain cat with 280 hp i figured it out im going to use a polaris 1200 pwc bottem end and polaris 800 big block jugs and spray to make 280- 350 hp i know it will work just lots of mods

there a guy ive seen with a pro 1200 in his iq ive seen race and its the way to go

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
joe.carlucci said:
it is for drag and im trying to beat a moutain cat with 280 hp i figured it out im going to use a polaris 1200 pwc bottem end and polaris 800 big block jugs and spray to make 280- 350 hp i know it will work just lots of mods

there a guy ive seen with a pro 1200 in his iq ive seen race and its the way to go
PM Madcow on this site, he dabbles with triples

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you complain about spending 5 grand on a big bore kit, and then want to race someone who has 280.

you can turbo the sled and make huge hp or go to a big bore. bottom line is that if you are going to worry about spending 5 grand then 200+ hp is not in your future.

if you spend a lot of time shopping around you can build a water craft for about 2-3 grand and then buy new pipes.

only problem is when you get over 220 hp you are looking for a primary clutch that costs around 2 grand. sure hate to spend a pile of cash on a big bore only to wreck it with a cheap old polaris clutch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya im just going to use a polaris pro 1200 bottom end and 800 liberty big block jugs it should make 400 hp with spray

ya ive just been short on cash but i just sold my bike so i have 8 gs to work with mad cow u think if i do that pwc motor ill beat an 8 sec quarter mile mountain cat with 280 hp big enemy to me last year i blew up my 98 xcr 700 3 times the first time was the oil pump it was all three cylinders and the second time was the pto and then the mag im just sick of it blowing up and im into drag now and would love to beat that kid with a m cat its like 1400 cc

and i thought u could only run like 8-12 psi of boost and there a pain to tune a guy down the road from me has a v max 4 waith a turbo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and madcow what am i supose to be running for jets i had 380s in it the second time it blew i had about 600 miles on it after the first rebuild before it blew again and the last time rebuilt i just didnt ride it i was worried about blowning it up again i spent like 2 grad on it last year but crap happens some1 said there supose to be different jets in each cylinder

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
before you start spending tens of thousand dollars on a custom race motor, you might want to make sure you can keep a basic trail motor running. By the way, you don't put 800 Liberty jugs on the 1200 PWC motor. You use 800 storm cylinders. Always do your homework if you want to get the good grade [AKA do the research so you don't f*ck up]

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
storm cylinders? never heard of that set up, i have tons of them laying around. all the 1200s i seen were 800 twin jugs.
if you plan on 400hp, you better plan on a heck of a chassis. asphalt is an art to race, chassis and suspension set up is very important, as well as gearing and clutching. it takes alot more then someoen with a hi HP motor to turn good numbers. as someone said before, better work on keeping a trail motor together, before running with the big dogs.
just race bracket class, its all about consistency there not top MPH.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
before you start spending tens of thousand dollars on a custom race motor, you might want to make sure you can keep a basic trail motor running. By the way, you don't put 800 Liberty jugs on the 1200 PWC motor. You use 800 storm cylinders. Always do your homework if you want to get the good grade [AKA do the research so you don't f*ck up]
Don't be giving people false info now...

You DO USE 800 big block twin cylinders, pistons and cranks to with the 1200WC cases. The cases need to be machined to accept the taller 800 piston skirts though.

as far as 400hp.....it's gonna take a hell of a lot of work to get a 1200 N/A engine to produce 400HP. The best race ported, race gas only 1200's make around 300HP. So you're goign to need to go a little bigger to reach your mark. You're probably goign to have to use 2 1/2 big bore kits and get a custom head made. I know Power Addiction Racing makes 1500cc WC based engines that should be able to make the HP you're looking for.

http://www.poweraddictionracing.com/main/home.pl

1 - 20 of 27 Posts