Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a '98 XLT and wondering what it might be worth.

It has 10k miles, and decent shape considering its age (I bought it with about 8k miles and have treated it well), but the motor probably needs significant work. It ran great until this past season, now it won't run or start after warming up. I'm told it likely needs the end-seals replaced.

Anyone have a suggestion what it might be worth in this condition, or would it be more valuable to part it out??

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

...Paul

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
if it is in nice shape then yes it is worth more parted out. it will also be more work. Value as it sets is 500 tops if everything is mint. At that value someone else will buy to part out.

find another engine that you can hear run. Many times you can find a complete sled for 250 that will have a lower mile engine. Use the engine and part that one out, then you get the engine for free......I play that game all the time. You just have to have a clue about buying used sleds and engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dodger,
Very helpful, thanks for the reply.
Not sure I'm up for an engine replacement, although I do hate to see the XLT go, great machine. Between that one and my brand new FSX Nytro, I'm pretty equally happy on both.
Anyway, thanks again, very much appreciate the advice!
...Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts