Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Arctic cat 98 Zr 500 and when i bought it i found out that the headlights and tail lights and gauges didn't work but the other lights did like the oil, bright light marker. so i replaced them and went for a couple rides and on my third ride or so i noticed that my headlights weren't working so i shut it off and then started it back up and noticed that when i rev-ed it up all the other lights burnt out. any answers on this would be greatly appreciated?????????

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere go through all the wiring and check for cracks loose wires and look for where the power is grounded to the motor or chassis could be corroded or rusted out? That should be a good start!

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]actually it sounds like a bad voltage regulator . i would replace that and problem should be solved
That would probably be it. A ground just shorts out the circuit and provides an easier path for electricity, it wouldn't burn out the bulbs.

When the voltage regulator is bad it doesn't restrict the voltage. When you wrap up the rpm's you are sending way more then enough voltage through the circuit causing the filaments to meltdown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts