Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to make my sled sound a lot better but stay cheaper and not put a lot of money into just the exhaust. I was gonna put on a rumble pack and that is it but i want to put a pipe on it too that wont affect the motor in any way and mess up the efi. what would be the best to do?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
For starters, any aftermarket pipe(s) put on your ZR will require an aftermarket EFI chip to compensate for the fuel. These chips were available from Black Magic (now out of business) and D&D Racing at one time. Whether or not they are still available is another question. If you try to run a pipe without a new chip, you will risk lean conditions and a possible burn down.

If you install ONLY an aftermarket can, no changes need to be made.

With that being said, Black Magic and D&D Racing were the "big two" companies that produced mods for the 98/99 ZR6 sleds. Unfortunately, these parts are getting harder and harder to come by as these sleds are 10+ years old now.

I'm running a full D&D setup on my 98 ZR6...single pipe, quiet can, EFI chip, and clutch kit. Noticed an increase in performance low to mid-range, but was not cheap...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quinlan said:
For starters, any aftermarket pipe(s) put on your ZR will require an aftermarket EFI chip to compensate for the fuel. These chips were available from Black Magic (now out of business) and D&D Racing at one time. Whether or not they are still available is another question. If you try to run a pipe without a new chip, you will risk lean conditions and a possible burn down.

If you install ONLY an aftermarket can, no changes need to be made.

With that being said, Black Magic and D&D Racing were the "big two" companies that produced mods for the 98/99 ZR6 sleds. Unfortunately, these parts are getting harder and harder to come by as these sleds are 10+ years old now.

I'm running a full D&D setup on my 98 ZR6...single pipe, quiet can, EFI chip, and clutch kit. Noticed an increase in performance low to mid-range, but was not cheap...
do u know of anything for sale out there? or anywhere to get this stuff?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I've seen a few pop up in snowmobile forum classified ads as well as ebay every now and again. You'll have to be patient and do a lot of searching if you direly want a pipe/chip.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do u know anything about reed petals or spacers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts