Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys some of you may remember me looking for a new motor for my 98 zr600 last year well i eventually bought a 99 zl500 motor and put my top end on. Well now i am having a little trouble with how it performs. The sled has a black majic clutch kit in it and the clutch that is on it is from a 94 i believe (just to get me through until i can afford the right clutch). The problem is that the sled pulls hard right away and will hit around 7200 rpm and after a few seconds it idles down to about 6500 rpm and will not go any higher. That is with the throttle pinned. My question is, is the older clutch doing this? or i am running to small of jets? I cant quite figure out where to start. The sled is very reliable just i think it should rev a little higher than that. Well thanks in advance for answering my questions or for your suggestions. They are very appreciated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
see if you can borrow a clutch from a friend, a clutch out of a 94 sled has gotta be pretty different. What does it do up on a stand? Rev it up, look at the clutches and see whats going on. Aslo note the RPM too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to add that. It does rev fine when it is on a stand so i guess that rules out the carbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts