Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the deal guys, I've always thought my zr sat kindof low in the front end, i just had the shocks rebuilt last season and put them back on and there was no difference. so i drove it with no issues. I recently was looking for a trailer to haul my zr and my wife wildcat so i measures the cats, my zr was 48 INCHES wide, my wifes was 43. So i start thinking something aint right, so i looked on a couple sites and they say it should be 43ish. my trailer is wide enough for both but my zr will have to squeeze in because of the center bracket. What came be the problem with the stance? any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Check and make sure that either the spindles or a-arms aren't bent, that's where i would start.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
How did you measure them? The original specs (43") is probably a CTC measurement. If you measured the actual width from the outside of the skis, it will be notably wider.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If you actually do have a 48" stance, it sounds like someone has done an AGLT conversion on it.
But it also sounds like they left the original length shock's in it, 48" AGLT front mod's are supposed to use 18" ctc shock's.
You can find more info on the conversions at these thread's on ArctiChat.
http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?s=0beb74e2424ca451d3e93ddf1e69db3b&showtopic=9858
http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?s=0beb74e2424ca451d3e93ddf1e69db3b&showtopic=49402

I know it say's 43"-46" in the first thread, but there is also some info on the 48" stance there.
It's a pretty long read, but there's a lot of good info there.

There is also info there about the steering post forward mod.

Rick

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quinlan said:
How did you measure them? The original specs (43") is probably a CTC measurement. If you measured the actual width from the outside of the skis, it will be notably wider.
i did measure from out to out, but i measured the wildcat out to out too and its 43ish, i will look into these 48" conversion too. thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts