Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so we all read my other post about how easy the swap was. It was pretty easy, no need to rehash it.

Well we finally have some snow and I got it back on the ground. I dont have the track adjusted 100% yet but wanted to take a lil rip on it to see what was up.

Besides the Skid I put on an SLP single pipe, changed the needle jets to lean out the mid some, and added SLP power packs... lemme just say it has way more bottom end now than ever. I dont know which part did it but it is very crisp and very right now. I do have a clutch to put in it yet, prolly saturday will get it in. I wanted to get it out and make sure everything was working properly with the suspension. I can ride without the clutch kit in it, so I wanted to get all this other stuff done. I do need to change main jets yet, then thats about it.
Im adding a before pic to see the difference.... last year

Anyways.... here are some pics.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
looks good the clutch kit should increase the bottom end allot also

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Looks good, I sometimes wish I would of done that to my xc 700 instead of trading it off for my pro x.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I paid 400 for the skid with brand new fox clicker shocks. Its adjustable, just havent messed with it yet. I sold my old skid locally for 125. I have about 15 bucks in hardware and maybe 4-5 hours into the swap. So for about 290 I have a much updated sled. I have not messed with the front shocks yet. I may pull them and ship them to get rebuilt.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Only issue I see is that your mounts are barely in the stiffner. or did you place a stiffner in there. Other than that it looks nice.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I moved the stock mounts, modified them, placed them where the new holes had to be put.

I also have some fishbones I will put on.

Over the summer I plan to pull it all down, and make new mounts for the entire underside. Basically get some steel bent up and cut to strengthen the tunnel the entire length. This will fill in all the other holes etc. I bought a pneumatic rivet gun so that should help and clean it up some.

Here is the pic of moving the stock mounting plate...you can see the new hole in the bottom and of course the old marks where it was.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Dang! I like how that looks Great job! you will be really suprised when you drop the clutch kit in These things RIPPPPP!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Looks Great Kevin, I hope everthing I provided you helps out, just make sure you Jet her up to what I told you to before going for a full pull, and just wait till you get it clutched, its a night and day difference......Steve.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a quick reply...

I was able to ride it Sunday. Put about 20 miles on. It did feel like a whole new sled. However the trails were all soft and fluffy.

I will know more when I get on some hard back which is beat down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
damn that looks fine! i have the same sled as you and i'm probly gonna do the same thing! very nice.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
looks pretty cool, definetly gets rid of that saggy ass look the Xtra 10's had. Keep us posted on how durable it is and if you run into any hiccups.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Holy Schnike, my spine is about 2 inches shorter cause of that damn X-tra 10. Maybe I'll just throw an Edge in 'er. Looked into an M-10 but the just don't have weight transfer.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
damn dude, the ass end on that thing almost sits as high as mine with the xtra-10 and a 2-3" drop bracket!! very nice, thats one of the things i want to do to my sled.. but before i do that, im going to upgrade to some PPS shocks and get everything tuned to how i like it, and if im still not happy i'll look into doing a swap like this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts