Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a rack on the tunnel extension of my rmk, and I want to move taillight to the either the rack or the bumber like on the edge's. I am wondering if I get a light, like what is on my 02 rmk, how will I hook it into mine. I removed the current taillight housing and I have 2 black and 2 yellow wires, which is which, and which do i need to use. I was hoping it would be simple to figure out but I have tried a couple different wire combos with no success.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TT, no one has any idea?

·
Registered
918 Posts
According to the schematic I'm looking at on the Polaris website, the yellow goes to the taillights, brown serves as the ground, and there should be an orange for the brake light.

My suggestion is to get a meter and test where there is power when the sled is running for the taillight then squeeze the brake lever and find voltage there.

Here is a link to the page I'm looking at.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/OurCompany/Parts-Manuals/PartsManuals/9914866r01.pdf

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i knew i could do that but i dont have my clutch on so i didnt want to start it, but i got it figured, thanks for the link though

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i got the taillight wiring figured out, but now i am wondering, i assume my sled is making AC current, I have read several threads saying if you dont have e-start or a battery then your sled make 12vAC, if i get a 12vDC light what do i need to make it work, or will it work on its own?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
ok i got the taillight wiring figured out, but now i am wondering, i assume my sled is making AC current, I have read several threads saying if you dont have e-start or a battery then your sled make 12vAC, if i get a 12vDC light what do i need to make it work, or will it work on its own?
Are you considering an LED? LEDs or any 12v incandescent will work.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tnmemr said:
dodgetruck2 said:
Are you considering an LED? LEDs or any 12v incandescent will work.
just a standard 12v oval taillight off of a trailer, although i have considered LEDs, or sometype of underglow as well

20101026162038146_31486.jpg

hard to see in this pick, but like the ones i have in my headache rack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts