Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm a Newbie Poster. I have a 99 Grand Touring 700. Great machine, except for the air shock, lol. The DPM was removed before I bought the sled. Before the season, I found a Head Leak, so I replaced head and Jug Gaskets. I took the carbs off to clean them and noticed the float settings were set really rich (Carb Flipped - Arms Bottomed out.) So I set them to what I thought was a basic float setting (Level). Everything said and done, She starts good, Idles Good, Even Putting around Mid Range is good. About 30 Seconds after I punch it, she boggs and will either idle or die completely. I open the hood and noticed there is no fuel in the lines. But if I wait 10 - 15 Min. or blow in the tank, the fuel returns. So I thought the Fuel Pump was the culprit. Replaced the pump and fuel lines since I was down there, Problem remains. Replaced inline filter and inspected tank filter, which looked good. I replaced the vent line to the tank. Pulled the impulse line, the pulses seem weak to me, but another backyard mechanic like me said there wasn't much pulse required to drive the pump. Did I missed anything? I'm thinking there has to be a blockage in the tank vent somewhere. I wouldn't think changing the float setting would impact the lines being bone dry. I just want to rectify this before I see grass again, lol.
Thanks for Reading.

·
Registered
827 Posts
If you think the tank vent is plugged, run it with the cap off and see if that cures it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts