Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took first place again running 86.9 not my best but it took home the win .i dropped 2 mph this weekend due to track conditions and or gearing . i was running stock gears and went to 25/44 should have made up for the speed i was looking to get but just did not work. the mach just wants to spin really bad due to not having studs and the track getting down to the ice. [:(!][xx(] well thats enough bragging for me just wanted to let everyone to know what was going on any input would be grate [:D]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
25-44????? even with 10 tooth drivers I would gear higher than that. that motor makes huge power dont keep the horses in a pen. I run 25-38 with a 144-1.25 track and up to 25-36 with a 121 for trail riding and 9 tooth drivers. the gearing will bring the speed.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what should i use ? i have a 121-15 track and whatever came stock for 99 as far as drivers go the gearing i took out was 26/43 and went to 25/44

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by 91530ext
[br]so what should i use ? i have a 121-15 track and whatever came stock for 99 as far as drivers go the gearing i took out was 26/43 and went to 25/44
by calculation, the 26/43 gearing is faster in the long run, the 25/44 gearing is faster in the short shots, there is around 5 - 8 mph difference between the stock gearing and the 25/44 (stock being faster) this is calculated by using a 9 tooth driver (which I think you have on your sled) i also used 8000 rpm, you may be running high than that. either way if your looking for a better hole shot, put the 43 back on the bottom and drop to a 24 on top, you shouldn't have to change chains dropping two teeth. if you are looking for a better long run, go to a 27 or 28 tooth on the top. If you go up on teeth you will probably have to switch to a 77 link chain, if you are using a 75 now. which I believe was stock on your sled, I may be wrong though. just my .02

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is all just for 660ft radar runs. so top speed for 660ft is the key hear not long runs . i need gearing that will get me the most speed in 660ft at 8300-8400rpm .i also need some good clutch set ups to . i was told that if i win again i will be bore and stroke tested which is not a prob . i just want to win
next week to prove that the stock sleds still have it and that you don't need some mod motor to win .

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone have any good set ups ?for above post^^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts