Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what i could do to get this machz to turn better. sitting on the flat the limiter strap is real loose. i know the sled is heavy bc of the triple but the nose of it is real low. if i tighten the strap im sure that would help. but i think the front needs to come up a bit, maybe adjusting the front suspension? would adjusting the front shocks help me at all.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Front Shocks is where I would start. If that was the stock setting on the limiter strap, I would adjust that as a last effort. Maybe try coming down a notch or two on your front rear shock and dropping your pre-load spring back one turn.

I would start with above and test things out in addition to checking out your carbides!?...Does it have studs!?... I'm guessing you want at least 6" of carbide on your skis for that machine. Call Woody's if your not sure. They will know the traction plan to use with that sled.

Oh,...and welcome to the site![:D]

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Lean when you turn! lol I have the same sled but mine is not to bad when I steer it. I did tighten the front suspension all the way up after riding it the first time. After I did that it did seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
before you adjusted the front did it sit low in the front? how does it sit after u adjusted the front? i think mine is front is so soft that 3/4 of the shock is not being used. as for the carbides, they are good and i dont have studs. i know that the liniter is not in the stock setting. but i wanted to raise the front a bit. is raising it gonna help turn better?

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The Front of mine does sit pretty low still after doing that. But I also have my rear spring tension blocks tightened all the way to the stiffest setting. Which that seemed to help with ski pressure. Because when I got the sled the guy had them on the loosest setting. When it was on that setting it didn't turn very well. But I'm not saying to do that because I'm sure you know that will effect your ride. But I'm a pretty good sized guy so it's actually a lot better ride for me now.

Well I just went out and measured the front of my sled. The lowest point on the very front on the center of the belly pan is only 6" off the ground. But then again the rear of my sled is lifted up pretty good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well im gonna turn up the front shocks a little and the front rear shock and then try it and see if its any better. im a bigger guy too 245. it was my uncles sled and he had it set up for maxim traction bc the engine is all dynoport and he liked to race it but i like to "ride it" lol.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Well I did forget to Welcome you to Snowmobile Fanatics!
But For what suggested with the suspension It may be wrong but it worked for me. but keep an eye on your post and I'm sure somebody with more knowledge will give you a better opinion. I'm just trying to give you some ideas on what worked for me.

I bet that your sled hauls a$$! Mine is pretty dang fast it's all stock except for some clutching and gearing. With just a Dyno port can which sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thanks anyway. it also helps when someone with the same sled as you knows what your talking about. we got so much snow in the last 3 days its allmost to much for that sled. like 48 inches since tuesday. im gonna get it in the garage today and see what i can do with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts