Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this sled from a guy who told me he switched out the lower skids on my sled for some off a Summit to make it a 136" ". is that even possible? im starting to wonder if i was taken i paid $2800.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Im pretty sure its possible. sc10's bolt to eachother be it 121 or 136. But havn't done it myself so dont know for sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i wanted to put on some extensions on to make it a 144 or 151 but im not sure if its worth doing. i guess i can look for new larger skids. what do you think is better or should i just leave it as is?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Depends.. where and what do you ride. I dont see you needing anything longer 121 if your riding trails. Just a waste in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by 440racer
[br]Depends.. where and what do you ride. I dont see you needing anything longer 121 if your riding trails. Just a waste in my opinion.
Well, if you like riding on/off trails, then, there's deffinitly a reason. I don't need one, cuz right now, I can make a hill climb that in a normal season, I'd get stuck going down, amd I can go right up it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i ride in the high mountians in utah and i hit snow regularly that is 4 to 10 feet deep depending on the season with two to three feet of powder on top so i would like something that can get me through but not kill me on the trails when i do hit them.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
yep....136" is definitally possible

and after owning a 136 and a 144 ive realized that if your going to have a long track you should go with the 151

my 144 wont outperform my 136 like I thought it should although it is better

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
^^^^^^^^^
yep, I would go 151, and buy 151 rails to swap out on your skid, a better way than using extensions IMO

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so any ideas what machine i can canabalize to get 151 rails off and put on my mxz that wont have to be modified too much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i looked all over on line and called the two dealers in my area about the skids and they dont have any. on line i cant find anything ither. any ideas wher i can get them?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your sled has a 136" track in it now? Go online, like ebay, and search until you find Skidoo rails that are the same as yours but for 151" track, then Take your skid put in on a garage floor or somewere open, and line up the 151 rails next the the original skid. Then Just peice by peice switch your suspension over. Not a huge deal, just really precise and time consuming. Make sure the the fronts of the rails (136 and 151 rails) are at the same place, so that all your suspension is the same distance from the front of the rails.. if you can catch my drift.. that way, you are basically gonna have the same ride, and you wont have a horrible time with you sh!t binding.

Hope that helps ya out a little bit. Its exactly what i did on a cat, and it ended up working perfectly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet ill start looking on e-bay and from the sound of it the whole procsess isnt all that complicated. thaks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts