Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I haven't been around much with the season over and stuff but I would like your input. I have a chance to buy this sled with 900 miles on it, its got some scratches on the hood but otherwise it is in excellent shape. What do you guys think of this sled and what do you think would be a fair price. I live in Minnesota and I'm thinking of replacing my 95 XLT Special. Thanks for the help. Mike

I don't care where we go, let's just ride....

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
probably between 2500 (a great deal) and 3500 (too much). That's about the best I can tell you. I don't know much about them, but I would bet it's worth ~3000.

My dad bought his 98 XC 600 w/2400 miles for $2400. That was a pretty good deal.

-Dean

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll let you guys know what I decide. I appreciate the help.

I don't care where we go, let's just ride....

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
you will love the sled i think you should get it, i bought a 02 xc 500sp its such a nice sled.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i fling poo [/quote]

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
in most every respect it is different than a 2001 up xc, but it really is a great sled. i've never had a problem with mine other than shocks (sitting in crate too long) but it was warrantied so no problem. other than that, the engine is great, suspension great, and i really love the sled. if you could get one for around 3k, it's a great deal, at least around here (SD). most go for 3500 or so, give or take a couple hundred. one at a local shop is pretty much perfect except with a rip in the seat, with 300-500 (can't remember) miles for 3600. it's a great sled that's for sure, and in my experience can keep up real good with non-exhaust valve 600's, and eat all non valve 500's.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts