Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my buddys today, his sled sits up high in the back. My 99 spxc 600 sits lower, I want it higher, can I adjust it ? Do I have to take to dealer, or can I fix at home?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
What is your buddys sled, the newer ones sit higher. Grab on to the rear bumper and lift, does it come up at all? If so you may need to clean and grease yours and you can tighten your torsion springs. You can add drop brackets also to lift the back end up, but make sure yours is working right first.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
My 99 xc5 also sits low in the rear, but I do not care. It is not a problem to be worried about, it is how the Gen II's are. I have the suspension set up how I want it so it performs to my liking, and in my opinion that is much more important than how high it sits.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know this picture is not great, but if you look close you can see that i lower the rear mount of my skid by 3" and the front mount by 2". This is a cool way to lift your sled up. You may also want to check your rear track shock.

20101231205911593_20315.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
My 99 xc5 also sits low in the rear, but I do not care. It is not a problem to be worried about, it is how the Gen II's are. I have the suspension set up how I want it so it performs to my liking, and in my opinion that is much more important than how high it sits.
he has a very good point if you have it set to the way you ride now messin with that might mess up your whole ride!!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
My 99 xc 500 sits about 3 inches higher than stock. Slp make rear suspension mounts that fit perfectly into the existing ones for 20 bucks is all. These year sleds didn't come stock with the lower mounting option. Not sure why. I hated the low look also and did research. It looks great and has no con at all. It actually helps I'm the deep stuff a bit too because it can dig deeper if needed. Check out my pics in my gallery. If you go with this (which you should its only 20 bucks for the pair) you have to lower the front bolt too almost the same length.

·
Registered
3 Posts
luhms01 said:
I know this picture is not great, but if you look close you can see that i lower the rear mount of my skid by 3" and the front mount by 2". This is a cool way to lift your sled up. You may also want to check your rear track shock.

20101231205911593_20315.jpg

[/quo
How did you do this ? It appears as though the rear mounting hole is in its original location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts