Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know my options on what kind of newer skid i can upgrade to,and the mods needed to do it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
all depends on how you ride, is this just a stock 99 xc? you looking for a longer track and skid or to keep it stock length or what? kinda need to know what you prefer or want out of your machine or what you want it to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya its stock. i wanna keep it same length. i rode a 2007 iq 750 fourstroke, and it was way more comfotable. i was wondering if mabye that skid would fit? and i do mostly trail riding.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
you can make anything fit. It is just a question on if you have the tools and the know-how.
Go with an edge skid. www.jbshocks.com has a diagram with dimensions on where to move the mounting plates.
Direct link --> http://www.jbshocks.com/tech.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
you can make anything fit. It is just a question on if you have the tools and the know-how.
Go with an edge skid. www.jbshocks.com has a diagram with dimensions on where to move the mounting plates.
Direct link --> http://www.jbshocks.com/tech.html
what are the difrences between the xc-10 and the edge

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Ride will be much improved with the edge and it should have rebuildable shocks I believe. The IQ skid is a bit of a stretch money wise....you might as well just get a newer sled if you want that. Edge skids can be had for a couple hundered bucks and is an easy swap. Do you have an XC or XCSP?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just have a xc, with the one rebuildable fox shock on the back. i probly look into the edge then, and i also blew a shock on the front, and i want to put air ones on, but i dont know if i should get fox floats, or ryde fx air 2.0s?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
The Floats are supposed to be great....no input there but there was a '98 XC700 for sale here a while back with Floats from an '02 RMK I thought and he said they bolted right up with minor tweaking. I am sure if you search it would come up. My sled had just the PPS in the rear and I added Fox gassers to the front and the other track shock and it was a big difference. Good luck and keep us posted on what you do.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
99-POLARIS-700-XC said:
i just have a xc, with the one rebuildable fox shock on the back. i probly look into the edge then, and i also blew a shock on the front, and i want to put air ones on, but i dont know if i should get fox floats, or ryde fx air 2.0s?
my brotherinlaw has them and HATES them, 2.0's that is, if you think about it the changing temperature makes the air compress more and you can never get them right, he has had them recharged about 5 times now and once before we left for our guys weekend and they were like crap, the do not rebound at all only thing good is they do eat the choppiness out of the trail, but hes looking to upgrade to clickers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was leaning to the fox side befor because i herd that you cant keep the air in the 2.0s as you said. it will probly be a summer project, since i just put in a new top end and i am now broke lol.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
lol thats always great isnt it! but im looking at goin to a clicker style setup over the summer, i dont really want to deal with the problems of the AIR's maybe just me? anyone have the fox floats and if you do how do you like them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts