Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the stock jets for this machine? when i got the sled the needles were different heights. just bought it this winter, it has hot seat pipes and clutch. and my spark plugs are as white as a ghost.. dont know what wrong. any one got ideas?? thnx.

·
Registered
66 Posts
main jets are 185 too 190 or so polaris parts sticky says so, it says 185 pto side and 190 mag side. and i think you have a blown head gasket or a cracked cylinder it sounds like it is burnin antifreeze. take the cap off the antifreeze tank and see if it bubbles while it is running, start there.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
your not going to want your stock jets with aftermarket pipes. give hot seat a call and figure out what they recomend.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i no i dont want the stock jets, ive got 230 in right so it should be fat.but its like its getting to much air and not enough gas.. my dad took it across our lake and it was good wide open till bout half way then he said it felt like it was gon down and then he burped it to get it to come bck to life .. so idk.

but thanks ill try tht

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
230's would be good if you had a ported big bore 800 and it was -20 degrees,it sounds to me like it could be sucking air from somewhere, my little experience with the hot seat single pipe is that they do like fatter jetting than the SLP single, 200/205 is what we ran with the one my nephew had for a short time,needles set in the middle or #4 clip position, air screws should only be 1.5 out at the most,your gonna have to do some trouble shooting, check your carb boots for cracks and as much as I hate to say your crank seal(s)could be sucking air also, I would not run it very hard again until you find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay thank you much, im goin to get a new fuel pump and check the fuel filter, all the fuel lines and the carb boots. then if tht dont help im goin to look into the crank seals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts