Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the front shocks is bent on my 99 rmk and i had an oold artic cat with good fox shocks so i took them other and started swapping them out but found out the bushing were different a quick swap took care of that but then they were bout an inch short when i put them in is it ok to run these shorter oness all it seems 2 do is sit a little lower

also who make the shocks 4 polaris are they fox also?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
polaris made the shocks for polaris. fox is an outside brand, that works with the 4 manufacturers, just like camoplast. Polaris's shocks suck. certain models were equipped with fox as a standard option. But if you get the right length, you can replace the nitrex shock for a fox. These shorter shocks might screw up the geometry of your front suspension because its made to use ~16" shock, not 15". Also, you will have less suspension travel and might bottom out more.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
^^^
Agreed, I've seen the Saachs name stamped on some years of stock shocks on Polaris too.
Also the valving for a different design, the different weight of machine, different purpose of machine (trail, race, mountain, etc)and the different shock travel is going to be way off from what it should be.
This is just never a good thing, especially in the front end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts