Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys got a question for ya. Im currently looking at two different sleds, neither are openly for sale, yet. First we have the summit. It has about 3300 miles and is completely stock other than a few minor dress up parts. At the moment it sits at a 136 but is too short for me. If i got it id be dropping money into extensions and a track to go to a 144 or 151. It needs a risers and a whole list of stuff to get it to where i want for this winter. He is pretty firm on $2000. Next is the rmk. It has about 2700 miles and is stock other than a few dress up parts and a can.It is already set at a 151 but the track is nearly shot( almost every lug on the left side is gone or ripped in half, it will do for this year but will be replaced before next season. Also needs a list of goodies to get to my riding standards. The post is already a little bent ( common for the gen 2's) and will also need to be replaced. The notorious crank bearing is still working fine. The owner has ran it on synthetic for the last 5 or so years and thinks that's why its still going. So id probably leave it or do the big boy bearing kit ( more money). Hes also firm at $2000. Both guys are ready to sell but say they will raise the price if i move on. Just seeing what you guys would think would better suite the price. or if i should keep looking. Thanks and sorry for in advance for making it so long, just wanted to get the most detail in there. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
go w/ the summit. little higher mileage but at least nothing is seemingly wrong with it. whereas the RMK has a bad track and the steering post. don't have much else to say besides that.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I had an RMK like that. Zero problems except for the steering post. It's cheaper to get a track than a track AND a skid. I'd go with the RMK. It's easy to reinforce a steering post.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went and took another look at the rmk, thing runs great! But e mentioned something about a washer being missing inside the primary, and that its eating belts like no other. Any idea what it could take to fix?

·
Registered
718 Posts
look around for a different ride. i'm sure you could get a edge, zx or even a rev with 2k. i seen some edge rmk's and zx's for 2k at craigslist.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts