Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 1999 xc 500 and i was looking to see if i could buy a can or something for it. I have looked and haven't really found anything. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I have a sno-stuff Rumble Pack on my '99 XC 500 that was from an Edge chassis 700 VES. It fits just fine. As far as stock Polaris silencers go, both VES and non-VES sleds use the same part number muffler. The only difference is what chassis it is in.

The only reason why aftermarket can companies have so many part numbers is so each can is a PERFECT fit for each chassis.
Just get a can from an Edge XCSP, it will bolt on no problems. The only thing I had to do was make a block-off plate out of thin sheet steel to close the large exhaust outlet in the bell pan.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I have a sno-stuff Rumble Pack on my '99 XC 500 that was from an Edge chassis 700 VES. It fits just fine. As far as stock Polaris silencers go, both VES and non-VES sleds use the same part number muffler. The only difference is what chassis it is in.

The only reason why aftermarket can companies have so many part numbers is so each can is a PERFECT fit for each chassis.
Just get a can from an Edge XCSP, it will bolt on no problems. The only thing I had to do was make a block-off plate out of thin sheet steel to close the large exhaust outlet in the bell pan.
what year xcsp did you use

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
2003. Like I said though, it doesn't matter. Just get one from a Polaris that is the "S" shape. Vertical cans like from the rider-forward Fusion/IQ/Pro Ride chassis's are too tall and won't work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok... thanks, i found a sno-stuff can on dennis kirk that say it fits a 1999 indy xc 600 but no 1999 indy xc 500 so it sounds like that one will be about perfect for it then.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Dusty....look for a used one somewhere, craigslist or ebay. save your $$ for gas and oil this season and then work on the can next summer. and if ya find onw that works...let jordan know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k i will do that jason... i wasnt looking to buy one now anyway... i was looking for one and browsing and finding out what they have... i want to start saving up now cuz i really want one next winter if i can find one

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Mines a snostuff. It's for 2000 to 2002 600-800's that is to replace the stock cans for those sleds which is the same as yours. The 99 600 won't work it has a different exit hole. I got mine new for 169 after shipping on eBay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts