Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me an idea of what im putting out for hp i just rebuilt the motor last year it has the stage 3 performace kit in it with the slp twin pipes and can slp boost bottle v force reeds all clutched has the heihen carbs. just looking to see what im putting out...
Polaris XC700 / Pro-X

VES / RMK / SKS '97-'05

'02-'05 XC700 / Pro-X VES Models - MCB Recommendations
$479.00 SLP Single Pipe....(P/N 09-834 - XC, 09-839 ProX)
+10hp and 10lbs weight savings; all ceramic pipe and ceramic silencer. This is the single biggest gain we noticed when testing parts on the 700s.
$39.95 SLP Air-Horn Kit
Allows more air into the airbox.
$19.95 SLP Flow-Rites
Allows more air to get under the intake-plate under the hood of the Edge models. Qty 2 are recommended for maximum performance.
$265.00 MCB / Redline Clutch Kit
Excellent upshift & backshift characteristics
$374.00 Team Roller Clutch & Clutch Kit
Provides maximum performance thanks to the no-bind design secondary clutch. Includes base clutch and clutch-kit, ready to bolt-on.
Note: The clutch kits above are not meant to be used in conjunction with each other.
Call MCB and allow them to help you decide which kit fits you best.


Performance Stages (For '98-00 XC700's)
Any of the three stages listed below will not only add sled-lengths and improve performance, but will also remove that common "bog, stumble, blubber" that most XC700's have. Please specifiy the year of the 700 that you own, as components do vary.
'98..$99.00
'99..$199.
'00..$199. Stage I....Keihen Carb Cleanup
Includes Boost Bottle, two new Main Jets, two Pilot Jets, two Custom Needles, Modified Slides, complete instructions and tuning tips. Provides a crisp low-end and throttle response, and eliminates the "popping" (backfire) at startup.
'98..$275.
'99..$349.
'00..$349. Stage II....Stage I package + MCB Clutch Kit
Includes Stage I package and an MCB Performance Clutch Kit. Clutch Kit includes a Progressive Helix, Primary and Secondary Springs, Teflon Buttons, Bushed and Balanced Weights (for 220 cylinder motors only), and complete instructions and tuning tips. Clutch Kit provides awesome trail performance, ultra-quick response.
'98..$465.
'99..$550.
'00..$550. Stage III....Stage I + II packages + V-Force Reeds
Includes Stages I and II plus V-Force Delta II Reeds. This combination will make your 700 run with ALL big bores up to 70-80 mph. Overall fuel mileage will improve over stock; engine will operate at lower RPM's than stock at all trail speeds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
With twin pipes and the V force reeds that motor should be somewhere in the low to mid 130's for HP, and that is only if the jetting and tune is spot on for the existing temps it is being run in, the boost bottle and all of the other MCB carb parts do NOTHING for HP gains they are just a tuning and efficiency aid so to speak, SLP claims a 16 HP gain with their twins, but in the real world like most other twin pipes for the 700 non ves big blocks they are only gaining around 12, the 16 that SLP claims are dyno numbers with leaned out jetting that WILL NOT survive in the field, so along with the reeds you could be adding 14-15 hp over the stock 118 when properly tuned, so do the math from there, the only REAL way to find out what HP you motor is actually putting out @ the crank is to have it run on a DYNO and then and then only will you have full proof of what it is putting out and you will also find out @ what RPM the motor is making its peak HP which is very helpful in knowing where to clutch it at for peak performance, all to often people take for granted and believe what the manufacturers of performance parts claimed gains are for each specific add on, then they add it all up and say well my motor is putting out 145 HP, well the truth will be told after the dyno pulls are made and all too often the end results on the sheet can be pretty humbling to say the least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98700xc said:
With twin pipes and the V force reeds that motor should be somewhere in the low to mid 130's for HP, and that is only if the jetting and tune is spot on for the existing temps it is being run in, the boost bottle and all of the other MCB carb parts do NOTHING for HP gains they are just a tuning and efficiency aid so to speak, SLP claims a 16 HP gain with their twins, but in the real world like most other twin pipes for the 700 non ves big blocks they are only gaining around 12, the 16 that SLP claims are dyno numbers with leaned out jetting that WILL NOT survive in the field, so along with the reeds you could be adding 14-15 hp over the stock 118 when properly tuned, so do the math from there, the only REAL way to find out what HP you motor is actually putting out @ the crank is to have it run on a DYNO and then and then only will you have full proof of what it is putting out and you will also find out @ what RPM the motor is making its peak HP which is very helpful in knowing where to clutch it at for peak performance, all to often people take for granted and believe what the manufacturers of performance parts claimed gains are for each specific add on, then they add it all up and say well my motor is putting out 145 HP, well the truth will be told after the dyno pulls are made and all too often the end results on the sheet can be pretty humbling to say the least.
well thank you for the info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
479 is way to pricey for a single pipe.

265 is a fair price for a clutch kit, but in all honesty for a race sled without a doubt i would have dragon fly or two speed wieghts. nothing wrong with a polaris secondary, helix's are very cheap and springs are cheap, for 200 dollars you can get 3-4 used helix's and 4 new springs.

375 for the team upgrade is not worth it

flow rites and air horns can help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
madcow said:
479 is way to pricey for a single pipe.

265 is a fair price for a clutch kit, but in all honesty for a race sled without a doubt i would have dragon fly or two speed wieghts. nothing wrong with a polaris secondary, helix's are very cheap and springs are cheap, for 200 dollars you can get 3-4 used helix's and 4 new springs.

375 for the team upgrade is not worth it

flow rites and air horns can help.

I agree. The flow rites and air horns are good. I also wouldn't waste money on the Team secondary. Run a Polaris like Madcow said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yellowstorm800 said:
madcow said:
479 is way to pricey for a single pipe.

265 is a fair price for a clutch kit, but in all honesty for a race sled without a doubt i would have dragon fly or two speed wieghts. nothing wrong with a polaris secondary, helix's are very cheap and springs are cheap, for 200 dollars you can get 3-4 used helix's and 4 new springs.

375 for the team upgrade is not worth it

flow rites and air horns can help.

I agree. The flow rites and air horns are good. I also wouldn't waste money on the Team secondary. Run a Polaris like Madcow said.
well i have the stage 3 kit but i dont know if they make a airhorn for my sled if so i couldnt find it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
840 Posts
Matt from MCB Performance knows his stuff as he has done alot of field testings. One question comes to therory, with SLP twin pipes - youd have to raise the revs up by 200 - 300 higher over stock. After all we are talking about 824 version engines. WL.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top