Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which hole should the front track shock be mounted in?? its in lower now, what would mounting it in the upper do??? its extended to 136" track mostly off trail riding and deep snow when i can find it....dont care to much about trail performance...thx

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Good question. My 121" XC's have it in the lower mounting location. I always wondered what the upper location was for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure what the upper hole is specifically for, but I always use that hole to lower my sled when I go out on the ice, racing. It pulls the skid up into the tunnel.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm pretty sure it has to do with stiffness and weight transfer of the snowmobile. There is a lot of adjustments you can make in the skid that will really effect the ride/driveabuility of the snowmobile, but for deep snow/off trail you want it all on the high/stiff setting.also changes the attack angel of the track

·
Registered
459 Posts
Upper position is for a stiffer ride (pounding moguls). The upper position also aids in weight transfer (along with setting your rear scissor stop and rear shock settings). The lower position gives a little softer ride. Let your limiter strap out some, for deep snow riding (this affects corner though).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
limiter straps are out all the way....rides fine but if mounting it up top will help in the deep snow im all for that....i dotn care to much about cornering....im not on trails all to often..rear blocks are set all the way bottom/back too...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Mounting it up might help deep snow riding a little. Mount it there, and give it a try. If you don't like it, move it back. [:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts