Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im looking for a new sled and there is a 99 xcsp 700 for $1200 Its about what I was looking for. What are the upsides and down sides to these sleds? It has reverse so a little heavier.
Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Snow Sled

Snowmobile Winter sport Vehicle Racing Snow

Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Subcompact car

Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Motorsport Racing

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dtmmil said:
If you do get it, clutch it and it will make you very happy! I love my 99xc700!
I was already planing on clutching it and putting 9in risers with pro taper bars and an 1 1/4" track on it.

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Cool, then you should be good to go! and 9" risers, how tall are you? I am 6'3" and have about 7-8" rise on mine and its just about right for trails and good for standing.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dtmmil said:
Cool, then you should be good to go! and 9" risers, how tall are you? I am 6'3" and have about 7-8" rise on mine and its just about right for trails and good for standing.
Im 6' but they are free with the extentions cause my friend thats 5'8" bought an 03 pro x that they are on right now and hes getn 6in risers for it and he owes me money. lol.

· Registered
1,480 Posts
Great sled for that kind of $. I would just replace, or at least inspect the water/oil pump drive belt before you ride it. Thats about the only weak point for that motor. Like Dtmmil said, clutch it and she'll rip!

· Registered
1,359 Posts
id get it if i had the cash, sounds like you would have fun with that.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does the suspention in these hold up to abuse? I like to jump everything in sight, and all the trails around here get rough quick and I usually do at least 60 down them. I killed all 4 shocks on my indy trail in less than a week.

· Registered
2,585 Posts
My 99 sks has updated fox and ryde fx suspension, ands that takes everyhting i give it. Is the suspension stock?

· Registered
1,791 Posts
I believe that was sled of the year in 99...not that make any difference.

· Registered
2,886 Posts
Being the XCSP, it should have rebuildable Fox shocks all the way around. Get them rebuilt if they haven't been this year and set the suspension up for your weight and it will take a beating. Granted it is no IQ, but it will hold its own.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whitexc said:
Being the XCSP, it should have rebuildable Fox shocks all the way around. Get them rebuilt if they haven't been this year and set the suspension up for your weight and it will take a beating. Granted it is no IQ, but it will hold its own.
This sled has barley been riden. Thats why im getn a good deal on it cause the just want it gone.

tdgbigfoot said:
My 99 sks has updated fox and ryde fx suspension, ands that takes everyhting i give it. Is the suspension stock?
Yea I think they are just fox floats maybe? Some kinda fox shocks.

· Registered
7 Posts
lol....I went to craigs list and typed in "99 xcsp 700", so I could try and get a better picture of the sled your talking about. As it turns out I'm pretty sure the first listing that came up is the exact sled your talking about. I looked and saw you were from main. ;P

That does seem like a sweet deal, as long as it's in good shape. Don't worry, I'm broke, no competition here ;p

· Registered
4,547 Posts
One thing to watch out for when adding your riser is the steering posts on these sleds are a very P##s poor design, you will bend it, so you may want to check into reinforcing it first. Mine has bent many times, I have a plan for mine though.

· Registered
119 Posts
http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/1606259390.html check this out not a bad deal, lower miles, bigger engine and in newhampshire not far from you

never mind both 700's but still not bad^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.