Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing sat in a garage for 5 years collecting dust. Recoil was off aswell as the stator. Got good spark. new plugs. First I checked compression 118 pto 120 mid and 115 mag side. The crank is in phase as best as I can measure. So I rebuilt the ignition, pulled the carbs, cleaned them out. air mixture screw out 1 1/4 turns on pto and mid and 1 1/8. Everything was clean clean and Just the way it was when I got it. So I blew some air into the tank, filled the float bowls. Key on, kill switch off , 1 cc sqirt of premix down the throttle each. And pull. Nothing pulled 3 times nothing pull choke and I got one pop but that all I got out of it. Let it sit with br9es out which are gaped @ .26 came back pulled the drains on the block and a tea spoon of gas oil mix came out each. I figured that's not a big deal. So what am I missing here? Is there anyway to cross reference stators and cdi with this mono block. We're there cranks built with key way degree. Maybe my ignition timing is out its lined up at factory and the mag piston is at tdc middle line on timing mark. So that's good. What am I missing?

·
Registered
122 Posts
after 5 years of sitting the carbs will definitely have to be cleaned. Do that first. Fuel pump may be buggered too if ethanol was used and it sat for that long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts