Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a '99 XLT Touring and the exhaust header (3 into 1) part has some major cracks. The whole thing is a crack![:D]
Anyway, I found some on E-BAY but they are all rusty prolly crack like the one I have. Any body make an aftermarket one thats maybe a little tougher? Thanx, Mike.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
You will be lucky to find any that still have factory high heat paint on them still. Oxidation of the exhaust is very normal. Pretty sure there aren't any aftermarket y-pipes out there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah cool. I'm not concerned about the rust, more concerned with how thin the metal is which seems prone to cracking.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I think you should be concerned if there is a lot of rust, more rust equals less material, equals thinner metal. Like state above, rust on the header is normal, just don't get anything that has flaking rust or is pitted.

I don't know of anyone making aftermarket exhaust manifolds, probably just keep your eyes open at swaps, ebay etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shady800x said:
Love to but without fabrication facilities in-house, it'd cost me more than the sled is worth-

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Those should be a dime a dozen. I bet we've thrown 10 of them on the recyling heap over the years.

With all the XCR/XLT failures, those are EASY to come by.
D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got 1 from ebay. $36 shipped. No cracks. Should work fine-

Several on ebay to choose from-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts