Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my buds sled here trying to fix it. He brought it to me and said that it idled good cold but when it warmed up it would go to 4000 rpm. Also said that it would stumble badly with lots of throttle. He said it would only get to 75 mph but would run OK if he kept it below half throttle.
I pulled the rack and changed the jets cause it needed it anyways. Inside of carbs were sparkling clean. (love those Polaris float bowl water traps) Couldn't read the plugs cause I could see that they weren't all the same age. Two were newer and definately on the wet fouled side.
Seemed to take a long time to prime the carbs after reinstallation so I pulled the pump apart. Looked good. Although after installation watched it pump while my son pulled the rope and it seemed like it should pump more. Got it started and could not get it to idle. Lots of revs or nothing.
Top of pistons look good through sparky hole but found piece of alloy in air box that looks like its been chewed on.
I wish I would have looked around a little better when I had the rack off. Pulling it is a PITA!

·
Registered
699 Posts
hay man check your fuel filters my exciter ran good until i hit 40 mph and i was below half throttle i changed my intank fuel filter and in line fuel filter and now it runs like a top

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally removed cyl bank after noticing one carb spitting back while airbox was removed. Big piece of piston skirt from intake side missing. Will replace piston.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts