Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i have 2 problems i just bought this sled 1200 miles was not driven since winter of 04/05 dealer had set it up for storage .after sitting for 1 or 2 days it starts fine but will not move if you rev it up smells like belt is burning, if i lift the track off the ground and rev it up to about 7000 rpms 2 or 3 times then it takes off at about 4800 to 5000 rpms. but as you drive, it bogs alot . it seems to bog at very low speed or from a stop of if you let off and then accelerate.the engine feels like it going to cut out.engine does not rev up . but then it takes off and runs fine .carb rebuild ? clutch ?. if i do need to clean/rebuild carbs do you need a kit,or can you just take them apart and clean. and is there a way to clean the clutch? also is there a place on line where you can get instructions on rebuilding the carbs/clutch.

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
I would definatly pull the carbs off and give them a good cleaning. You shouldn't need anything for it but some tools and a solvent of choice. Make sure there's fresh gas, good plugs, and then go from there. The worst that happens is you eliminate what it's not. [:)]

·
Registered
85 Posts
First I would try new plugs. Second I would check the choke adjustments. Third I would clean the carbs, and you shouldn't need parts.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
also do not forget to add some Iso heet could have water in gas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Try checking the track. Proper tension and, as dumb as this sounds, make sure you've got the right track on it. If it spins alright when it's in the air but has trouble once you put weight on it it might be in the drive line. Just double check everything and make sure it's properly lubricated and adjusted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IF THE SLED SITS FOR MORE THAN ONE DAY IT DOES IT.LAST SUNDAY WE ROAD 100 MILE IT WAS FINE MUST OF STOPPED 10 TO 12 TIME NO PROBLEM.TUES NIGHT WENT TO RIDE ,STARTED RIGHT UP, LET IT WARM UP .REVED IT UP SLED WOULD NOT MOVE. PICKUP BACK END REV 6 TO 7000 RPMS 2 TO 3 TIMES PUT SLED BACK ON GROUND ROAD 32 MILES STOPPED 3 TIMES NO PROBLEM . LAST NIGHT STARTED FINE LET WARM UP REV IT UP 6 TO 7000 RPMS WILL NOT MOVE LIFT UP, REV UP 6 TO 7000 RPMS TRACK SPINS DO THIS 2 OR 3 TIMES PUT IT DOWN DRIVE AWAY.ROAD 28 MILES NO PROBLEM STOPPED 3 TIMES. ALSO FORGOT ON SUNDAY WHEN I ROAD 100 MILES WHEN I FIRST STARTED IT THE SAME THING HAPPENED.I JUST BOUGHT THIS SLED IT HAS ABOUT 1300 MILES IT DID SIT FROM WINTER OF 04/05 TO DEC OF 06 . WHEN OWNER BROUGHT IT TO ME IT DID IT.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I BOUGHT A PRODUCT CALLED SEA FOAM PUT IN 16OZ WITH ABOUT 8 GALS OF GAS DROVE THE SLED ABOUT 75 MILES, DOES NOT HESITATE OR BOG ANYMORE . GREAT STUFF (SEA FOAM) STRANGE NAME BUT IT WORKED. STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM WITH THE SLED MOVING AFTER IT SITS FOR A DAY OR MORE .WILL BE BRING IT INSIDE TUES NIGHT TO INSTALL NEW CARBIDES WILL CHECK THE TRACK FOR BINDING?. GOING TO GIVE IT A GOOD GREASING ALSO.JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THE SEA FOAM, SEE A LOT OF POSTS WITH BOGGING CONCERNS, CANT HURT TO TRY IT, COST ABOUT $5.50 .

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Seafoam is some great stuff. I've used that over Isoheet for many years now.

When my sled or bike start acting up I dump a can in the tank, usually clears it up.

I have heard if you use it all the time it can be hard on the fuel pump diaphrams, but other then that it doesn't hurt anything at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unplug the kill switch my dad has a 2000 zr 500 efi and it would bog down in the low end but take off once it got high enough to the driven clutch he unplugged it and it works great now try it and see if it helps its quick and easy to do

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by goeland
[br]Where can i get this seafoam stuff?

I have bogging issues with my machine also.
Most gas stations carry it, otherwise auto parts stores, and places like Walmart. Pretty common stuff.

*edit* - White can, red lettering, I suppose about 6 inches tall if my memory serves me correctly. Should be in the same section as Heet and other fuel additives.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Also sheck the driven clutch bearing. My motor would skip a little bit between 6000 and 6400. New bearing and it was fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts