Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what to get for exhaust on my 99 ZR 500. I have quite a few engine mods but havent done any exhaust work yet. I dont know what brands sound good and dont want to spend to much. I also was looking for good sound with not much higher than stock decibel level. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Don't know about your specific sled but SLP makes a good exhaust that isn't much higher than stock sound, in fact, if you are slow on the throttle no one will know you have any mods. I have a SLP can on my zr800 and it sounds nice, not too loud but when you gun it, it sounds good.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
There are many brands out there in the world of aftermarket exhaust, but not many that will still carry one that fits your specific sled. Aftermarket parts for the ZR2 chassis are getting harder and harder to come by. Most of the ones I have heard are quite a bit louder than stock, so buyer beware.

If you don't want to spend much, your best bet will be to browse snowmobile related classifieds via forums like the ones on HCS or Arctic Chat. Every now and then a used ZR 500/600 can will pop up.

If you find a new one, plan on spending $200+.

I have a D&D "Quiet" can on my '98 ZR6. It is by no means quiet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW-l5G3dpOI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts