Snowmobile Fanatics banner

A/C owners thoughts?, relaibility problems?

674 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Flange 
#1 ·
is it just me of does it seem that newer arctic cats are having more than their share of problems, at the begining of the season i thought that there would be a glut of newer zr's for sale due to everyone jumping to the new firecats, but im seeing plenty of posts of problems with the new cats, engine seizures are common only to go back to the dealer to rebuild and to happen again, if i shelled out my hard earned cash and had these kinda problems id be fit to be tied!!,i just cant afford a new firecat but was thinking a newer zr 600 efi might be a good sled, but then again ive seen a heck of alot of posts about a bad bogging problem, at first i thought it might be people monkeying with stuff they have no business monkeying with, but ive also seen posts where these sleds are back to the dealer many times and he cant fix it, so its got me thinking it may be a inherrent problem with the sled, what do you guys think?, are polaris, ski-doo and yamaha, having these same kinda problems? im on a 87 jag, now and its first pull reliable, but its lack of suspention is killing me! i need a sled with suspention but at this point not sure what to do? what do you guys think? im not sure i wanna "jump ship" but im thinking, it almost seems like arctic cats idea is put it out to market and no R&D and fix it as it breaks, almost like the public is the test bed. its not easy for me to say this because of my good luck with my jag, please post your thoughts on this, what is your opinion???[:(]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.