Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I am just going to completelly overhaul the engine I guess. So my first question being when I mark the flywheel and the stator and take the crank out to have it redone when I put it back together if the marks are in anyway gone or something happens how hard will it be to find the right spots again. Im just worried that having the crank stator and flywheel all off and apart that it might be hard to find the right position again even if marked when I put it back together. I need to replace the case cause the bearing did some damage and I will have to buy a new one. I am going to buy new or get the old shaft redone. SO how I am going to know how everything lines up?. I also plan to drill out the PTO oiler lines to prevent future damage and so I can finally put a set of pipes on it.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
there are already marks on both the case and stator just be carefull when taking those phillips head screws out to remove the stator they can be a pain and will strip easy

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
They are marked like polaris91 said. Ive had a bunch of those xlt motors bapart and they are all marked. When you get it apart you will see it. its at the top theres a mark on the top case and the stator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts