Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What is the best/fastest way to pull off the track on a snowmobile
2) How do I pull off the rear shocks after I drop the suspension

Do I need a specific track(except the size & dimension) for my Arctic Cat? I was offered an aftermarket track from a polaris dealer for $100.00 (I know a few people), Would that track work for me?

Will I notice a huge difference in shock performance after fixing up the rear shock(Hasn't been charged or oiled in ages)

·
Registered
60 Posts
If the width and the length of the tracks are the same it will fit. The lug height does not have to be the exact same, you would probably benifit if it were longer than your old one depending on what you had before. Rebuilding the shock(s) will also be a big improvement espesially if it hasn't been done in a few years.PM SortaStock or check out his website he's a supporting vendor and has alot of happy customers here.http://www.avidsuspensions.com/

If your old track is junk, cut it off. remove rear skid mounting bolts(usually 4), drop skid,remove skid then bolt at each end of shock and remove the shock.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
to know if your track will fit you will need the dimensions and the track pitch.
to take the suspension out you shouldnt have to compress it. you can take it out with it how it normally is but if you must, then just take the rear springs off with the sled jacked in the air and flip the springs 180 degrees and your rear swing arm will drop and your suspension will come out easier. i dont no about cats but if they have the running board heat exchangers you have to twist the skid alittle to get it out or the tops of the swingamrs will get caught on them.

to get you shocks off you just unbolt them but to get them back on you sumtimes you need some weight on the swingarm to line the bolts up, so get a friend to stand on it and if you need to adjust you limiter strap do it will there is pressure on the swingarm.

depending on how bad your shocks are you will notice a difference. but they only absorb the shock while the springs do all the work so i would change the springs to if your sleds rear end is sagging. but if they are leaking, you can hear them leak when you compress the shock. you gotta rebuild the shocks or buy new ones,
while your skid is out check idler wheels/bearings and change your hyfax(sliders).

when changing your track id cahnge your bearings wet and dry and all the seals sum people dont but for the extra $50 or what ever youl pay its definetly worth it.
hope that helps

sorry for before i cant type at all.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone wanna translate that into coherent english?

Sorry bundox, thanks for the help but I'm having trouble reading that O_O

·
Registered
916 Posts
omg no kidding!!! haha english would be nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts