Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new to me 05 f7 snowpro, and i just have a few questions about it, there is no high low beam light switch and there are three wires (yellow, green and black) that go up the steering post are these the light switch wires? #2 the speedo doesn't work it is the digital read out, were should i start looking are these run by a cable like the older sleds or is it run by a sensor? #3 on the digital screen on the right side there is little black horizontal dash marks running from the top to the bottom what are these for? i'm just not use to a sled this new its a huge up grade from my 97 vmax haha

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Push the brake lever away from you, that turns the high beams on/off.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
combs136 said:
i just got a new to me 05 f7 snowpro, and i just have a few questions about it, there is no high low beam light switch and there are three wires (yellow, green and black) that go up the steering post are these the light switch wires? #2 the speedo doesn't work it is the digital read out, were should i start looking are these run by a cable like the older sleds or is it run by a sensor? #3 on the digital screen on the right side there is little black horizontal dash marks running from the top to the bottom what are these for? i'm just not use to a sled this new its a huge up grade from my 97 vmax haha
Push your brake lever forward for high beam. The speedo is'nt run by a cable/key system. There is a magnet on the drive shaft under the voltage regulator(below the secondary clutch). It is just like the older sleds, you take the three bolts off and pull it off. Instead of finding a key, you see a small magnet thats on the driveshaft. That's what it is like on my 03 anyways. It should be the same as your 05.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks guys and wow i would have never figured out the high low beam thats wierd haha

900modman said:
did you buy local how many miles the low beam high beam might be in you break lever push foward got high beam
ya i bought local and has for miles it is reading 2600, but the speedo doesn't work so i'm guessing the odomiter doesn't work either i don't know if there run buy the same thing

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Yeah, i was surprised by the high beam thing when i got my 04. Neat idea tho.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so since itsnot working does that mean the magnets came loose or...? i just kinda want to know what to look for before i tear into it

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
combs136 said:
so since itsnot working does that mean the magnets came loose or...? i just kinda want to know what to look for before i tear into it
Its pretty common for them to go out, i don't remember the exact problem with them but just go buy one from actic cat, a few magnets can't be too much.

·
Registered
207 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
Yeah, i was surprised by the high beam thing when i got my 04. Neat idea tho.
Ya, it took me a minute to find it on my Sabercat. I found it by accident actually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
High/Lowbeam switch is your break lever, push it in the opposite direction to grabbing the break. you will hear the click transfer from high to low. [thumb]

oops new to site didnt see that there was already replies, my bad. anyways, on mine i accidentally pushed it too far forward and accidentally broke the spring assembly on it so try not to do that.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You know, I've often wondered why 'Cat went back to the push-button high-beam switches. I thought the brake lever idea was pretty neat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was looking at some parts diagrams and I saw that there was a speed sensor or the chain case, do you guys think if I replace that the spedo will start working

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Check the speedo sensor and see if it's broken. Im not famaliar with them on the 05's but that's probably the culprit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts