Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a speedo for my sled but is it going to be possible with the stock jackshaft? I'm also going to be getting something like a digatron or somthing? I'm thinking that if there is some sort of Digital display that I can mount on my sled and it will give me a speedometer and engine temp etc. then that will be ideal. But I also don't want to break the bank... Opinions on what to get? Good places to buy them?

Second, Which tie rod end do I need for my sled? I don't know the part number or anything cause it doesn't say on the bent one I have. http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&view=book&id=14&Itemid=458&firstPageNumber=214
Mine looks like the type B but I'd like to be sure.

Third, I know very little about jetting in the sence that I have no idea what jets are in my sled and what elevation I'm at. I have heard the RR was jetted rich from the factory? Which = shitty gas milage. How much can I change it by? I mean I could ask my boss at work and he could help me through it but I'd like to be able to figure it out this weekend and order all the rest of the parts I need for this sled to be ready and I'm not working tomorrow.

Fourth, I have the newer style spindles on my sled and the one is sleghtly bent (I can't see it at all, but my boss is pausitive it is). I also have a set of the older style ones I could put on my sled but I'm wondering it such a slight bend is going to make a difference?

Any help is much appreciated, realized I need to get my ass in gear and finish the sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
I just bought the koso dual egt with tach and water temp, I like it so far it's not too big. No speedo on it though. I got rid of my speedo altogether.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,279 Posts
I went from 420 to 380 jets, I recommend a EGT gauge if you go that low though. It has a lean spot around 7000 Rpm,I dont think I would want to hold it there to long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RMK-KING said:
I went from 420 to 380 jets, I recommend a EGT gauge if you go that low though. It has a lean spot around 7000 Rpm,I dont think I would want to hold it there to long.
Would 390 work decent? (haha I know nothing about jetting).



And does anyone know of any EGT's with a good price that would have a speedo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
RMK-KING said:
I went from 420 to 380 jets, I recommend a EGT gauge if you go that low though. It has a lean spot around 7000 Rpm,I dont think I would want to hold it there to long.
Would 390 work decent? (haha I know nothing about jetting).



And does anyone know of any EGT's with a good price that would have a speedo?
wakeboarderboy said:
I want to get a speedo for my sled but is it going to be possible with the stock jackshaft? I'm also going to be getting something like a digatron or somthing? I'm thinking that if there is some sort of Digital display that I can mount on my sled and it will give me a speedometer and engine temp etc. then that will be ideal. But I also don't want to break the bank... Opinions on what to get? Good places to buy them?

Why would you want a speedo? the guage on there will have an engine temp warning light

Second, Which tie rod end do I need for my sled? I don't know the part number or anything cause it doesn't say on the bent one I have. http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&view=book&id=14&Itemid=458&firstPageNumber=214
Mine looks like the type B but I'd like to be sure.

Look it up in the polaris parts fiche that should solve your problems


Third, I know very little about jetting in the sence that I have no idea what jets are in my sled and what elevation I'm at. I have heard the RR was jetted rich from the factory? Which = shitty gas milage. How much can I change it by?

Read up on how to read spark plugs and piston wash. We are at sea level here, jetting also depends on how cold of temps you will be riding in. Buy some 400s and 390s and see what works best

Fourth, I have the newer style spindles on my sled and the one is sleghtly bent (I can't see it at all, but my boss is pausitive it is). I also have a set of the older style ones I could put on my sled but I'm wondering it such a slight bend is going to make a difference?


What do you mean newer style? like 2009+ style? if so I would do everything you can to run those. post a pic?
Also did you ever find skis? I have a new polaris set for 200 if youre interested. Or 2 sets of used c&a pro skis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sedz said:
wakeboarderboy said:
RMK-KING said:
I went from 420 to 380 jets, I recommend a EGT gauge if you go that low though. It has a lean spot around 7000 Rpm,I dont think I would want to hold it there to long.
Would 390 work decent? (haha I know nothing about jetting).



And does anyone know of any EGT's with a good price that would have a speedo?
wakeboarderboy said:
I want to get a speedo for my sled but is it going to be possible with the stock jackshaft? I'm also going to be getting something like a digatron or somthing? I'm thinking that if there is some sort of Digital display that I can mount on my sled and it will give me a speedometer and engine temp etc. then that will be ideal. But I also don't want to break the bank... Opinions on what to get? Good places to buy them?

Why would you want a speedo? the guage on there will have an engine temp warning light

Second, Which tie rod end do I need for my sled? I don't know the part number or anything cause it doesn't say on the bent one I have. http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&view=book&id=14&Itemid=458&firstPageNumber=214
Mine looks like the type B but I'd like to be sure.

Look it up in the polaris parts fiche that should solve your problems


Third, I know very little about jetting in the sence that I have no idea what jets are in my sled and what elevation I'm at. I have heard the RR was jetted rich from the factory? Which = shitty gas milage. How much can I change it by?

Read up on how to read spark plugs and piston wash. We are at sea level here, jetting also depends on how cold of temps you will be riding in. Buy some 400s and 390s and see what works best

Fourth, I have the newer style spindles on my sled and the one is sleghtly bent (I can't see it at all, but my boss is pausitive it is). I also have a set of the older style ones I could put on my sled but I'm wondering it such a slight bend is going to make a difference?


What do you mean newer style? like 2009+ style? if so I would do everything you can to run those. post a pic?
Also did you ever find skis? I have a new polaris set for 200 if youre interested. Or 2 sets of used c&a pro skis
2008 spindles look the same but they are about an inch shorter to reduce steering effort. And about the skis I sent you a PM.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top