Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was wondering what sport is more popular in the states jetskiing or snowmobiling. also do you have the same problems with people having nothing better to do than complain about you guys with no real complaint, just that they dont like you, then it brings up banned areas just like jetski's[/size=4]

I was shafted by the government and sent broke

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
well first things first....welcome to SNOWMOBILE FANATICS, and POLARIS-MANS HOME ON THE WEB. its nice to see some one not from the u.s. and canada here, so make yourself at home.

well, yeah we do deal with being banned here or there, and told what we can and cannot do and where we can ride, but most of us just grumble a bit and continue to ride. as far as jetskis, i am not sure completely, but they are banned on some lakes, mostly due to a few bad riders that ruin it for everyone else, just like snowmobiling. as far a s which is popular.....well, i would say it is a toss up, but it also depends on who you talk to or which time of the year it is, but come winter, and we get some of the gloriuos white that we all crave through the summer months, then "sleds" are the thing!

but anyways, dont just take my opinion, here you will find a great group of guys and gals, with their own thoughts on the matter, welcome again!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Like xltman said, it's a toss up as to wich one is more popular, I guess if you go south, where there is no snow, then jetskis are more popular, the northern parts I couldn't tell ya, I know they are banned on some lakes, like xltman said.

Anyway I'm sure you will get some opinions on this, and once again, welcome to the forum.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
yup, i think here in MN there are more snowmobiles than jet-skis. By a long shot. Although there are alot of boats. MN has the most boats per capita than any other state. Although we also have more water area than any other state :)

But personally, I see much more snowmobiles than jet-skis. On my block, there are 2 snowmobiles (ours), and 4 boats (ours, and 3 neighbors) no-one has a jet-ski. That is a fairly typical MN block of 12 houses or so. Jet-ski's are more popular for people who actually live ON the lake I think, i rarely see a house on a lake that doesn't have at least one jetski.

-Dean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts