Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there guys i recently purchased a 1998 mountain max 700. I was just wondering if there was anything i should look out for with this particular sled. what oil i should use and such and any other suggestions for this sled. oh it only has 120 ish miles. any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
474 Posts
I tell everyone who owns a Mountain Max this. Since I am no mountain rider, look for a guy with the name Dutchman on this forum. He'll probably find you first, but you can try anyways. He knows the sled inside out so it seams.

·
Registered
474 Posts
For oil, I will add this. You can run the Yamalube 2, but I recomend Amsoil Hp Injector. I run it in my Yamaha 700sx and Amsoil Interceptor in my dads SRX 700. Less plugs fouled, better cylinder coating etc. A second choice is Klotz, it's a little more expensive but it meets or exceeds Amsoils technology.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea daman, you should of seen what Yamalube did to my dads power valves on his SRX. Pulled the cables right through the valves because they got stuck cause of the Yamalube. this was at 10 000 km.( I put a lot of miles on) and my uncles 98 SRX has been run on synthetics klotz then amsoil with over 19 000 on his, and not a nick of trouble. Stay away from the yamalube, go for Amsoil

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by SRXSRULE
[br]Yea daman, you should of seen what Yamalube did to my dads power valves on his SRX. Pulled the cables right through the valves because they got stuck cause of the Yamalube. this was at 10 000 km.( I put a lot of miles on) and my uncles 98 SRX has been run on synthetics klotz then amsoil with over 19 000 on his, and not a nick of trouble. Stay away from the yamalube, go for Amsoil
yup...run a good syn. oil and clean them PV's at least
once a year if not twice and you should never have a problem

·
Registered
474 Posts
yea, I know well enough now. Never gonna let that happen again, especially when the valves are $110 bucks canadian a piece, without damn tax. Thats 350 for valves. Plus cables at $30 plus tax. People laugh at synthetics, I swear by the stuff. Run it everything I own, right down to my honda lawn mower and yammy snowblower.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by SRXSRULE
[br]yea, I know well enough now. Never gonna let that happen again, especially when the valves are $110 bucks canadian a piece, without damn tax. Thats 350 for valves. Plus cables at $30 plus tax. People laugh at synthetics, I swear by the stuff. Run it everything I own, right down to my honda lawn mower and yammy snowblower.
LOL...me too brother..[;)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.