Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, we don't have any snow, but if we did I'd be prepared for it!
Took a sick day yesterday (cough, cough) and put on the new skis, fixed the sparking coil wire, drained the gas tank, fixed a ground wire to the taillight, and fixed the recoil starter.
Whew.
So now rather than lumpy crappy idle at ~1000rpm I get a nice clean idle at ~2000rpm. Clean power off the line, no more crazy sparks under the hood. I can start with the recoil starter if the electric start fails, and I can STEER!! Before if somebody had gone in front of me I could follow, but I couldn't break trail for beans...
After I got all the work done I pulled it out of the shop and tried to start. Nothing. Now I was getting nervous. Then I remembered I had shut off the kill switch to keep it from starting while I worked on the recoil starter. Hit the kill switch back off and she started like a dream.
Now if my parts guy can get the headlight bulb for me I'll be mechanicly all set. Then all I need is to get a new hood or fix mine. Heck it'll stand up to some riding, it just dosn't look like much...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Right On , man!

Beware of landowners wielding snowshovels!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.