Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , Its been a while since i was last on here. But winter season is just around the corner , And im looking to get a better shock for the rear on my sled. Like a stronger shock or something ? i dont really know what to look for. Im a bigger guy and the shock thats on it dosent really hold up for me .

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Maybe heavier springs? Or get the shock revalved stiffer for your size?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Is the rear suspension a coilover or torsion springs? You can stiffen up the springs, and re-valve the shocks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sled is brand new , bought last season . Is there a better shock out there for like stiffness or whatever??

And there's springs on it too, i turned the thing to the highest setting for the most stiff ha and it wasnt much better. But i was told you could get heavier springs

I was looking at this shock on ebay , it had 8 position adjustable on it . wondering what you think of this .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKI-DOO-POLARIS-ARCTIC-CAT-FOX-REAR-CLICKER-ADJ-SHOCK-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ260654094183QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'd go to a dealer and tell them exactly what you told us here on 'SF'. I'd keep the stock shocks(they are new), get a stiffer spring on the center shock, get stiffer torsion springs(should be available for the CFR) and get your shocks re-valved/rebuilt stiffer. Shock techs can rebuild shocks to suit a heavier/lighter rider. If you have the dough, i'd look into "Ohlin" shocks. They cost quite a bit and im not sure if they make them anymore but I saw a full set on a "CFR" last winter. They are one of the best shocks you can get for a sled. Look 'em up!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will_5 said:
I'd go to a dealer and tell them exactly what you told us here on 'SF'. I'd keep the stock shocks(they are new), get a stiffer spring on the center shock, get stiffer torsion springs(should be available for the CFR) and get your shocks re-valved/rebuilt stiffer. Shock techs can rebuild shocks to suit a heavier/lighter rider. If you have the dough, i'd look into "Ohlin" shocks. They cost quite a bit and im not sure if they make them anymore but I saw a full set on a "CFR" last winter. They are one of the best shocks you can get for a sled. Look 'em up!
Yeah , maybe i'll just get the shock that's on it now re-valved stiffer. Then see how that holds up . Stiffer springs should help a bit too . thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts