Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '92 Indy 600 XLT Special.Stock and not picked.Problems and Questions:
1. some of our trails are old roads with good hard packed snow, but above 40 or 50 I'm like a car with 4 flat tires. 2. sled has a tendency to "buck". I have replaced rear shock and improved this a little, any thing else I could do? 3. would adjusting front straps help any of this? Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
With your special, the front shock is going to have the most impact on your ride. If you shorten/lengthen the limiter straps, you are going to increase or decrease ski pressure, which can have some effect on your ride.

I'd try doing a couple things before monkeying with your limiter straps (assuming you are satisfied with how your sled steers and handles corners): There are two black springs, one on each side of your sled. The top fits into a block near the top idler wheel (I forget what the damn springs are called), and the other side fits into a cradle that is attached to your slide rail. The top block (near the idler wheel) is adjustable to either a "low" or a "high" setting. If it is on high, switch it to low and see how it does. Make sure you remove the spring from the cradle where it attaches to the slide rail before turning changing settings, though.

From there, you can further tune your ride by adjusting the preload on your shocks (front shock on the Xtra-12 will have the most impact on ride).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts