yep thats it keep at it

gotta keep cutting and geting the ice out of there

ahhhhhhhhh its way to much work

Final results of hard work and a large set of you know whats

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it sure is me cutting. Last Saturday was out riding with my brother in law, Nephew and nephews girlfriend.Came across a pint that goes from one lake to another. well there is some sort of current or warm water in that spot.that sled goes in, my txl (driven by my nephew) has a ski go in but gets it out right away. i was stuck at the ice break trying to make my own trail. get my sled out turn and here i see that sled sunk. i nail my brake stop leave sled running for light i ran out there and fell in trying to get the people out. get them all back to warmth and head back to get sled out. well it was unsafe all around the sled so i said f$%^ it and headed back to heat.go out the next day to get sled unprepared. sled is froze in 4 inches of ice. we go home in search of a sled recovery company.cant find one. so i drew it out all on paper to get a general idea of what i was dealing with. the sled fell in on a saturday. went back sunday to no avail.so we searched for a day for a company to go get the sled. nothing.
so monday morning at work i drew out some plans and called my brother inlaw to get the necesary equipment. he does. tuesday go out to sled. it has sunk in 2 feet further and now the ice around sled is the worse that it has been. so i snag the auger and drill holes every couple of feet up to sled to see how thick ice is. strap on the waders then get out there with chainsaw.i cut out the rear of the sled first and used an axe to break the ice apart.stood on seat of sled to do that. got that all done and moved to the front of the sled cut around the skis and sides of belly pan. took a strap with a hook to hook the rear bar of the sled gave it a good tug and it broke the front free.took a 12' 2x4 and put it inbetween the ski loops to prevent the skis from falling in. i got in the water. with a 4x4 4 wheeler tied up to the skis pulling the sled i reached under water yanked back of sled up and out onto the ice it went. Took my glory pic then yanked the sled to safe ice. about 10 minutes after sled was moved from were we pulled it caved in. scary considering the 4 wheeler and all was just on there.time? 3 1/2 hours sled? 94 AC jag 483 miles (had a good look while standing on it) lesson learned? you bet ya dont ride unknown areas of a lake

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Tough lesson and the ol, 94 jag is a little light on power for water skippin. I have a 93 and 94 panther. I have actually crossed 30' of open water with them but it was a full throttle run at it and all I had to do was cross. Didn't look like the motor was submerged (one bright spot i suppose)
Thanks for the reality check pics.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man no prob. He would have made it if he didnt have a rider on back. no motor wasnt submerged but when we got it out half the bellypan was froze solid clutches included. Only 1 thing broken. the left spindle. 75 bucks and its good to go

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Holy crap man! Things could of been a heck of a lot worse! Glad to hear no one got hurt, or worse. Also nice to hear you recovered the sled. That's some scary sh!t!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wow, that's really something. I didn't quite get it from your story; who's sled was it? You're a good friend or brother-in-law to go get it out.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was the brother in laws. Im the one that got him into sledding.so i figured i might as well help get the sucker out

·
Registered
266 Posts
So now Bob IS the sled recovery company for No. Wisconsin!!!Call him at 1-800-ICE-NUTS

·
Registered
290 Posts
Other dedicated sledder, no matter how cold old or tough he chisel-sticks it right out of the drink. Add Bob to the dedicated sledders list. Nice Job[8D]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts