Snowmobile Fanatics banner

A little "Spice/Rumors" for the Off Season!

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Darkstar 
#1 ·
Saw this post in another forum. Sure gets you thinking! [}:)]

I am like a kid trying to hold in a big secret. Wish I could tell you what it is. Maybe someday in the future. All I can say is there is a code name at the Polaris plant and it is on a bunch of new boxes of parts for Polaris sleds. The code name is of all things "Shrek" I am not saying what these parts are but you will be excited too if you knew what I know.

That is all I am saying about it so don't ask me to release anything else.

Not just BNG ,as you guys call it,anymore.

Then some more:

Hmmmm how would I know. How did I know that Cat was coming out with an F6, close to 12 months before the release. How did I know bomb was not doing as well as everybody though. As far as the boxs well, no they are not little itybity sparkplug boxs. Aprils Fools? No I am not into that. I would not do that.
Since I traded my sled and got heavy into Mud running atvs etc I have contemplated not getting a sled again but know I am anxiously waiting for this great new thing to come rolling out the Polaris Factory door.

Just hear say but, what is coming from Polaris will make all others look real bad. And you can count on it being very reliable and performance winning.

People thought Polaris would never go away from struts on their atvs and that they would never make a manual clutched and shifted atv. Well take a quick look at the so far performance dominating Predator ATV. While the other manufacturers have been spending the big green backs putting out stuff in almost nonexistant snow seasons for most of the country, Polaris has been sitting back and collecting their penneys and putting them in the bank. Smart move IMHO.

I can't wait for next season to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's everyone think?

See less See more
#2 ·
umm, are you the same guy who almost snow checked 04 REV 800 H.O. right? so now you think u gonna change your mind and snow check a 05 polaris for next season if I understood your message post. I think I know what u mean "cant wait for next season" so its gonna be 05 polaris for you right eh?

#3 ·
Originally posted by luvsnowncold
[br]umm, are you the same guy who almost snow checked 04 REV 800 H.O. right?
Yes. But I bought a new truck instead, new sled will have to wait.

so now you think u gonna change your mind and snow check a 05 polaris for next season if I understood your message post.
No, you misunderstand my post. I saw this being stated on another snowmobile fourm. Since a large amount of members on this forum (including the admins) are die hard Polaris riders, I thought I'd post it here as well. Plus due to it being the off season and all, I figured it would be a good topic to stir up some discussion concerning the possibility of what the guy is implying.

I think I know what u mean "cant wait for next season" so its gonna be 05 polaris for you right eh?

Man, I can't wait for next season either! But as to snowchecking, well that will remain to be seen. I'm not brand loyal to any of the manufacturors. I presently ride a Polaris, but really like the REV's as well. If Polaris actually comes out with some radically new design that is functional, has good performance and looks; I'd certainly consider it. Besides, I like keeping my options open! [:D]

So.......what's everyone think about the possibilities? [?]

#4 ·
I am trying to figure out how cool the sled(if its a sled) could be with a name like Shrek... Come on he's a green skinned cartoon... Isnt green the wrong color :) I have been waiting two years to buy my new sled in hopes polaris will release something. They almost got me to bite this year on a Pro X2 or Pro XR, but next year is the 50th anniversary... I would guess we will see what ever it is near haydays if they in fact already have crates... Otherwise Sno-X Opening Weekend. As for the machine, i would say look to see Blade's Front Suspension... or some new hybrid. I think the rear end of the edge is a good design so i wouldnt expect to see anything to far from that, unless they are planning to copy Redlines Swing arm style. Just my 2 cents on this HOT summer day, only about 120 days to go....

#6 ·
Interesting...

I highly doubt the Polaris race machine this year is gonna have an Edge hood.

But I've been known to be wrong.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]I am trying to figure out how cool the sled(if its a sled) could be with a name like Shrek... Come on he's a green skinned cartoon... Isnt green the wrong color :)
My thoughts exactly! But hey who knows.....

I got it from Maximum Sled's forum. I believe the poster's forum name is SnoRat, or something like that.

Here's the link to the post. Unfortunately most of the discussion veers away from the topic. It turns into who sells the most sleds, and blah blah, blah. Check it out though:

Crap, it won't let me post the link directly to the topic. Just go to the link below, click on forums, sled forums, then Polaris discussion. The topic is "I'm so excited for the Polaris faithful".

http://www.maximumsled.com/index.asp

#9 ·
I read that a long time ago. All the other people did was go Polaris sucks, AC is better than the next guy would go Polaris and AC both suck yamaha is better then the guy after that would go Polaris, AC and Yamaha all suck. SkiDoo is the best.

^The reason I only ever visit that site is for a good laugh.

#11 ·
Nothing extraordinary happened for their 45th or 40th anniversary.

All they did in 2000 was have the 45th anniversary edition sled. It wasn't anything that spectacular. In 1998 is when the US twins hit the market. I suppose the "big thing" for 2000 was the XC 500 SP.

I dunno, I think all this hype is bad.

#13 ·
So? The 40th is "the big 4-0" and nothing special happened.

#14 ·
I think polaris would have released their sled this yr but they posponed it because of poor snow conditions, so now they will have more time to perfect their new sled "if they have one" just a thought..Iv heard alot or rumors about a 900-950 twin..

#16 ·
I could be wrong... and it isnt a huge release, but polaris did release the Xtra 12 suspension in 95... A new skid was pretty big then with the "added" suspension travel. That was the big thing at the time. OH and i got a little sticker on my 40th anniversary XLT sp that says 40years[8D]WooHoo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.