Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am startin to get the itch so I made a couple changes.
201064215020311_24290.jpg this was what it looked like when I bought it.

201064215029530_24290.jpg phase one- black hood with the SF stickers

201064215039624_24290.jpg phase two- Looks pretty good for $5.00 in paint and a few hours of work.

·
Registered
564 Posts
haha krylon, good call havent seen that in a long time. That body style I really like, gives you lots of color options to play around with, with so many vents, LOOKS GOOD MAN, another cool touch maybe yellow along the running boards or yellow bogie wheels, paint the trailing arm black or the tow hooks on the skis yellow. Playin with colors on sleds is fun, a personal touch gives a sled that edge

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thats a nice looking doo, i like the black with yeller vents. Very simple and classic.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks jeeps I was gonna do the ski hoops but ran out of paint. She already has the yellow wheels and I just might do the black trailin arms if I really get ambitious. I have to get the shocks off to get them rebuilt so I may as well go for it then. I really like the zx chassis, at one time I had an 02 olympic edition that I bough new as a left over, never should have got rid of that. So after an exciter and two zr's I'm back on the doo. Ill post more pics as I go.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
cat_man_doo08 said:
Thanks jeeps[highlight=yellow] I was gonna do the ski hoops[/highlight=yellow] but ran out of paint. She already has the yellow wheels and I just might do the black trailin arms if I really get ambitious. I have to get the shocks off to get them rebuilt so I may as well go for it then. I really like the zx chassis, at one time I had an 02 olympic edition that I bough new as a left over, never should have got rid of that. So after an exciter and two zr's I'm back on the doo. Ill post more pics as I go.
I would not go any further with the rattle can paint than your hood. It will not stay on those loops that well and will look like crap after a few rides. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is true. I did a set on a cat I had and it did start to flake off.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the yellow hood to but what you cant see in that picture is the spider cracks in the paint from the previous owner hit something and the fasteners that hold the hood to the hinge broke through the hood.I like the way the black shines when waxed better than the yellow.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Im partial to the paint job, i grew up about a half hour from Iowa City, so im a Hawkey fan. So that paint job really does it for me. Just saying.......BIG TEN CHAMPS this year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
cat_man_doo08 said:
I like the yellow hood to but what you cant see in that picture is the spider cracks in the paint from the previous owner hit something and the fasteners that hold the hood to the hinge broke through the hood.I like the way the black shines when waxed better than the yellow.
what kinda wax do u use...turtle

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ethan.justinger said:
cat_man_doo08 said:
what kinda wax do u use...turtle
yep turtle wax is what I use. Seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah Painting my tow hooks was tricky, and yes it does chip, so up close they look a little rough, but Im going to try some newer paint for plastic by Duplicolor, and bake it on in the oven, just to try it. But cat man doo that line up of sleds you have is pretty sweet, That Olympic edition sounds good, a pic of that would be sweet, my dad had an original olympic, and the exciter was an old favorite of mine that an uncle had. I will find a pic of one of my old favorites, it was a Husqvarna.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have some pics of the olympic edition but they are photos and I dont have a scanner. I think i have a couple of pics of my zr's in the gallery.Ill try to find em.
201012415541598_24290.jpg

20091115201129369_24290.jpg

20081211184727875_24290.jpg

Here are a few I had in the gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Like I said before the color schemes of that body style of ski doo are really good, that is a good looking sled

·
Registered
646 Posts
that is also my favorite combination. Mine is all yellow, but that body style is made for the black/yellow two tone

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are a cople more additions. Powermad hand guards and a rumble pack. Just have to put the new slides on and we will be ready to rock!
201072619266654_24290.jpg

2010726192614904_24290.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts