Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and two of my friends all went in and bought a [red]1989~1990[/red] Sea Doo sp it is a 580 (as of right now)....... we havent got it runnning. the origanal owner said there was way to much blow by and he said after 45 minutes of riding it would over heat becasue of the blow by i am not beliveing the over heating thing becuase of the blow by and if there is that much blow by it shouldnt even run........right..........

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Since it is cooled by the lakes water it should never overheat..weres the blow by coming from?? Id do a compression test..

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there a pump to force the water in to the water jackets or is it just forced in there by the force of the ski moving forward?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Im not sure on a jetski, I know on on boats they have a waterpump the sucks in water, id assume that a jetski would work the same way, is their a small hole on the side or that comes out the back??It might even be in with the jet..

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
afaik jet-ski's use a tube in the jet output to get water for cooling, they don't have a separate waterpump...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts