Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic from a few weeks ago. The white DR is mine, the guy taking the picture has the '02 DRZ400, the other guys owns the '02 XR250 (heavily moddified). My DR was pretty much stock ('cept tires and sprockets) at the time, I've since added a bunch of stuff that I've been collecting over the winter. I'll post a before and after picture this weekend.

The trails are in the Duluth, MN area.

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/group2pine.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/groupbigoak(pine).JPG

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice PICS. Is your white DR street legal. I used to have a 1994 Honda 250XL on off road and I loved it, i wish I never sold it. I would love to buy another some day.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sledman,

Your '94XR250XL was probably identical to my DR250se. I've seen the older XR's, and they look the same.

I posted in another 'my dirt bike' topic the mods I've done to the bike. The bike is techniqually not street legal. Since the above picture, I've (among other things)removed the blinkers (not required in MN) and replaced the bulbous taillight with a smaller enduo style tail-light that is not DOT legal (but does have a break light). The licesne plate needs to be lighted, mine is not. However, I have not been hasseled by the cops in 1.5 weeks of hooligan street riding so far.

The only things I have left to do to the bike that won't set me back a 'grip', is to put progressive spings up front and have the rear shock re-built and revalved. I will have probably about $900 into the bike when all said and done.

Needs valve job too[xx(]

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/groupbigoak(pine)II.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pigboy,

I bought mine new for 3k and sold it 4 years later for $2800. I kept it stock and took really good care of it. I don't think Honda makes the XR250XL any more. It was really light and the motor was bulletproof. I would take it up to the beach in the summer and to work. Off road with it was fun also it was very manuverable and had good power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts