Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a motor some friends of mine put together for their pulling truck. It started life as a 502 marine motor and now is bored, stroked, and balanced. It is now a 544 ci with about 650 hp. Sounds mean as hell breathing out the 4 inch straight pipes exiting by the middle of the doors.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Is that in a Chevy? Did the stock tranny just bolt right up to that Marine motor? I bet it sounds awsome.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by MegaMan:
Is that in a Chevy? Did the stock tranny just bolt right up to that Marine motor? I bet it sounds awsome.

[/quote]

It is in a Chevy or at least part of one. It is a mid 80's style body. It has a one ton frame with one ton front and rear axles. The inside of the box has been gutted to reduce weight. All it has in the interior is a bucket seat and a stainless steel fuel tank with the electric fuel pump and MSD ignition mounted on the floor on the passanger side. For the running gear it is all custom, we put a 2 ton 4 speed tranny and transfercase out of an old military truck with custom driveshafts. It also has an electric water pump and power steering. The only thing that is run off of the motor is a alternator. For the tires they are 35 inch BF Goodrich MT's that are mounted on wheels that have different offsets. Sled Dog for now the hood is going to stay the same. They want to upgrade the body to a newer style, I am trying to talk them into a fiberglass body for it. I will try to get some pics of it in action this year if they get it going again. The last time they pulled it they blew the tranny to bits, all the oil hit the headers and started a fire. Nothing happened to it from the fire though. They found an aftermarket tranny that is going to run them about $3500.

'00' 500 XC SP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts