Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so he is 180 pounds and about 5'9 sooo i was wondering wat new we (my mom and me) should get him he has an old 2000 summit X 800..and he really needs a new one becouse like hes broke it by jumping and suff oh and we live in revelstoke sooo a deep pow sled would be nice..so ya if u can help please by all means help and it will be consiterated ((thanks))

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Get a Dragon RMK if you can. I rode that Chassis last spring and it was simply hands down the best sled I have ridden. Now with that new 700 motor it should be amazing.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
If he's a doo guy I would recommend getting him a Rev chassis Summit 151. That sled should be able to handle everything that is thrown at it.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Any rider would drool over the new Summit 800r. If hes a Doo man he may just need a fresh change of underwear. They are beautiful sleds and will hold their own against anything even if it has 1000 on the side.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Ski Doo makes great sleds like the summit. The M series from Arctic cat would be nice and or maybe the crossfire. If your in serious deep powder I suggest an 800 series.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
well since u guys live in Revy the capitol of steep and deep and im guessng that hes a doo guys so nothing smaller than 800 with 151 track a 1000 would be a great sled for out there

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you every1 for your controbution well from what i hear from you guys the ski-doo summit 800 or 1000 is the way to go (oh and he is a Doo guy lol) thanks again

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
hey maybe i'll see u at slead head days. if u see me come say hi i ride a white phazer mtn lite and the ppl who ride with me have a summit 800 and a turbo rx1

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You should get him a Sno-Pro or a M-Series.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]You should get him a Sno-Pro or a M-Series.
uh; um, ya, no! Revy is just not Minnesota. I would go long and big, if the 800 summit isn't enough, and he doesn't seem to be able to do what he wants, Id probably recommend the summit 1000. I have an 02 800 144" and it doesn't handle nearly as good in the powder as the Rev. The rev is effortless side-hilling and carving, I'm 35 and I'm not into working my butt off and jumping side to side like I was 20 anymore. I rode with lots of rev's last year and those guys weren't even sweaty!! Hence my 07 800 151. Way way more fun with 1/3 the work to throw around. Besides, you live in Doo country my man!! Tear it up, good luck!-- ps, the 05 1000's are going for about $ 7800.00 U.S. here brand new!! each of the 3 dealers within 100 miles of me had at least 3 of them, and they were updated.- just a thought.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I would stay away from the doo 1000. if he was a bigger guy it would be ok for him, but sense he is only 180 lbs I dont think he wants to handle that sled. it takes a big guy to throw that around. would be nice if skidoo did something with that sled. the cat 1000 does not take as much effort to toss.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was in Sicomous couple days ago and i rode the 800 summit amazing 06 sled by the way (big differance from 2000 model) , they had about 7 or 8 ft of powder, didnt make it through all the way but it beat all the other mod sleds, if u can afford it, i would get that one IMO, (and im a cat guy). If u can afford newer the King cats are amazing and u can get an 03 for a good price, compared to the summits!! good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts