Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to hear from those that have had Aaen pipes on their xlt's, especiall the 93 thru 95's How loud are they? Does it help if your repack them? What jetting and clutching did you use? any problems?--Thanks--Mike

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I had Aaen pipes on my 95 XCR 600 (high port XLT motor). If I were to pipe a sled, I would not use glass-pack style silencers. Pipes that go into the stock can or similar would be best. Near the end of the time that I was running that sled I got tired of the noise. Yes they were too loud. Clutching and jetting is pretty straight forward, but understand that piping any sled makes them more finicky to temp & condition changes.
Higher rpms means more wear and greater chance for failures. I burned down mine once. Lean jetting.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
This is what I ran in my 95 XCR 600 (XLT w/38 mm carbs)
stock pilots
Q-0 nozzles (1 size smaller than stock)
stock needles #2 or #3 adjust for temp.
270 mains down to 5* F 280s down to -15 gutted foam from air box
HSP white primary 140/285
10M-W weights
HSP 34 heilx w/ 2 .030 shims Polaris R8, Aaen 42/34 prog., or Polaris T1 also work well
HSP white secondary spring #3
20/39 gears

Repacking the silencers will make them quieter initially, but they are still loud IMO. The XLT/XCR pipes from Aaen were louder than the Aaen pipes I had on my 91 Indy 650.

·
Registered
286 Posts
had psi pipes on my monoblock 94 xlt special were decent not to loud but nice, clutched but dont remeber what as in it, stock 34m carbs just changed the mains, were close to the aean pipes, pretty sure the aean put out the most, and psi was 1-2 hp less 21ish around an aean were 23

1 - 6 of 6 Posts