Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 440/700 converison and i still have the 5 gallon tank and was wondering if the bigger tank would just bolt up or do i need to custom make things? the sled is a 04 pro x 440 thanks guys

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i think a regular tank goes right on it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The 04 had the over the engine steering and the different steering hoop. The regular edge tank can bolt on but you will have to move things back and it won't look very good at all. Your best option is to use a rev seat and tank or convert the steering back to an 03 or earlier steering setup with the other hoop and different routing of components.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
^^^ The shorty seat with a large tank on an 04 looks really stupid IMHO. Before I decided to do the rev thing I put the seat into the back mounting holes (whered it be with the large tank) and I hated how the seating position was. I sold the shorty and had $40 left over after buying the rev tank, seat, and aluminum side mounts. The seating is real close to the same height and the ergos are now almost identicle to a rev. I compared measurements between my roommates rev 440 and mine and everything is within an inch. You do have to reposition the start handle, teather, and heater switch with doing this however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.